Thursday, March 25, 2010

Return of the Neanderthal

I count myself among the millions of Americans who opposed the health care "reform" bill from inception to passage and remain an ardent supporter of the forces which would repeal this abomination. However, I do not now, nor will I ever, condone violence against the perpetrators of this criminal legislation.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that violence has been done against liberty in the name of "reform". However, that is violence against an ideal and does not warrant physical aggression as a response. In fact, the threats and vandalism thus far targeting those involved in passing this legislation have, in fact, harmed the campaign of those of us who recognize that this bill is an assault on freedom.

Such is the nature of political activism. Ignorance knows no political boundaries and those ill equipped to reason out the consequences of their actions in advance will be doomed to commit them to the detriment of their crusade. Despite the fact that their actions reflect poorly on my cause, I remain certain that its goal is just: returning the constitution to its appropriate place at the helm of our republic.

No comments: